What should I do?
1. Repent of your sin before the Lord. God’s Word says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”(1 John 1:9)
The word “repent”, in Scripture, means ‘to turn away from sin’. Whenever the Lord brings light to bear on any sin within a man’s life, he is faced with a decision, obey or disobey! Psalms 66:18 solemnly warns, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.”
Corrie ten Boom once said, “An unrepented sin is a continued sin.”
The Lord solemnly declares in that passage in 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
2. Renounce the unbiblical Royal Arch Purple oath of obligation audibly before the Lord, and ask Him to destroy any influence that the Royal Arch Purple curses may have over your life and that of your family. The Bible says that the believer has “renounced the hidden things of dishonesty” (2 Corinthian 4:2). The word renounce means to take strong verbal action to reject, cut off, totally disown, or break the legal right of something. A true child of God should not under any circumstances subject himself to such devilish secret society curses. Such wicked ties are clearly unscriptural and must be verbally renounced before God. Leviticus 5:4-6 says, “if a soul swear, pronouncing with his lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsoever it be that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty in one of these. And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing: And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned.” Ask the Lord for the covering of His precious blood over your life and that of your family, for Divine protection.
Psalms 91:1-7 says, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.”
3. Resign from any institution performing this degree. The Bible says, “The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every on that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity” (2 Timothy 2:19).
Evangelist D.L. Moody once stated: “I do not see how any Christian, most of all a Christian minister can go into these secret lodges with unbelievers. They say they can have more influence for good; but I say they can have more influence for good by staying out of them, and then reproving their evil deeds. You can never reform anything by unequally yoking yourself with ungodly men. True reformers separate themselves from the world” (‘Should a Christian be a Mason? p. 77).
God’s Word strongly teaches separation, separation from ungodly fellowship, separation from false teaching, separation from sin. The child of God is admonished: “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty” (2 Corinthians 6:17-18).
Charles H. Spurgeon once said: “A man is known by the company he shuns as well as by the company he keeps.”
Finally, Revelation 18:4 commands us, “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.”
Brother, “the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision!” (Joel 3:14)
We recommed An Army with Banners: The Real Face of Orangeism by William Brown
| The History of the Orange Order
The Royal Arch Purple oath
A hostile reception
The Five Points of Fellowship
Riding the goat
The Orange Order Blood Curdling Penalties
A false hope
- What should a Royal Arch Purple man do?
- Unsaved reader
- Specimen Resignation Letter
- Wiccan Witchcraft revealed and compared to Freemasonry.
- The Royal Arch Purple compared to Freemasonry
- The Mormon link
- Largest Grand lodge opinion poll on Arch Purple degree
Royal Arch Purple push-back
Evangelical Truth response to Former Independent Orange Grand Master’s attack on Behind Closed Doors.
Biblical response to Rev. Ron Johnstone (Royal Arch Purple spokesman): Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6
Grand Chaplain to the Grand Orange Lodge of England JRG Harvey book in response to Behind Closed Doors: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.
Evangelical Truth debate with Independent Orange Institution
Ulster Christian review of Behind Closed Doors
The response of George Dawson (Imperial Grand Master of the Independent Orange Institution).
Readers response (including the author of ‘Behind Closed Doors’ – Paul Malcomson).
Second response of George Dawson (Imperial Grand Master of the Independent Orange Institution).
Evangelical Truth reply to George Dawson
Read a detailed exposure of the Royal Arch Purple by W P Malcomson: